Sunday, August 5, 2007

Your Birth Story

This picture was taken right after your birth while I was in the recovery room!
April 3rd, 2007 started off as a normal day. I was VERY pregnant and VERY anxious for your arrival.
I had gone to the bank and post office and while driving home I started to feel like something was different. I had called the doctor's and talked to a nurse. She asked me how I was feeling and then told me she would call me back after she talked to the doctor. A few minutes later she called me back and told me to go to the hospital right away. Since I never complained during my pregnancy the doctor thought that something was up and wanted me to get checked out. I got changed and packed some things into a bag just in case and drove to the hospital. When I arrived the Labor and Delivery unit was PACKED!!! Everyone was a little frantic when I showed up because they had delivered twins a few day's earlier and were in the process of delivering triplet's. The NICU usually had a handful of babies to care for but this week there were almost twenty!!! The nurse's hooked me up to the monitor's and immediately told me that I was having contractions. They then went to go get the doctor on call. I sat their waiting in a complete daze watching your heartbeat's on the monitor. When the doctor came in she checked me and told me that I was 4 centimeter's dilated and that I was going to give birth to you today!!! I couldn't believe it. I was 35 week's and 6 day's pregnant. I still had a month to go. I had so much too do. I was supposed to go grocery shopping!! They did an ultrasound to figure out where the two of you were and we all decided it would be best to have a c-section because Kate was pretty high up into Mommies ribs. I couldn't believe it! I called Daddy at work and told him that he needed to get to the hospital!!! The doctor gave me some kind of medicine to slow thing's down a bit because thing's were moving along too fast. I called Aunt K at work and told her what was happening so she could tell everyone else for Mommy. Time seemed to fly by. While I was waiting for Daddy I kept thinking of what I was going to name the two of you. We still hadn't decided on names. I liked Katelyn, Morgan or Emily and Tyler, Connor or Aidan. Daddy finally arrived and was a nervous wreck!!! Not soon after Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt K, and Aunt Ashley arrived. Soon enough Mommy went from 4 centimeter's to 7 and the doctor decided that it was time. They took Mommy into the operating room while Daddy changed into scrubs. The doctor told mommy what was going to happen and then the Anistegeolist gave Mommy an epidural. After he was done I couldn't feel my leg's. That was the weirdest feeling and I really didn't like it. Daddy finally came into the room just as they were starting. Mommy was kinda scared and felt sick. Daddy held my hand and made me feel a lot better. A few minute's later at 3:24 pm a baby boy was born. "What's the babies name?" they asked. Daddy and I just laughed because we were still not sure. They brought you over to my sight so I could see you for a second. You were beautiful and I got tears to my eyes. Then 2 minutes after that at 3:26 pm a baby girl was born! They rushed Kate out though because she was having difficulty breathing. Mommy was so scared and told Daddy to make sure you were ok. They had to give you a little oxygen and insert a breathing tube. You were 5 week''s premature and the doctor said this was normal. They took Mommy to the recovery room and the two of you to the NICU. My two miracles!

No comments: